London School of Economics
London School of Economics
Houghton Street, R426
London, WC2A 2AE
Phone: +44 (0)20 7955 7807
Fax: +44 (0)20 79557595
Office hours: on leave for 2013-2014 academic year.
Contact details (2013-2014)
Princeton University, 324 Bendheim Hall
Department of Economics,
Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
· Equilibrium Exchange Rate and Supply-Side Perfomance, (with C. Thoenissen), Economic Journal, 2003, vol. 113, no. 486, pp. 103-24.
· Price Stability in Open Economies, (with P. Benigno) Review of Economic Studies, 2003, vol. 70(4), no 245, pp. 743-65.
· Real Exchange Rate Persistence and Monetary Policy Rules, Journal of Monetary Economics, 2004, vol.51, pp. 473-502. Technical Appendix.
· Designing Targeting Rules for International Monetary Policy Cooperation, (with P. Benigno), Journal of Monetary Economics, 2006, vol. 53, pp.473-506. Technical Appendix.
· Implementing International Monetary Cooperation through Inflation Targeting, (with P.Benigno), Macroeconomic Dynamics, Volume 12, April 2008, pages 45-59.
· Interest Rate Rules for Fixed Exchange Regimes, (with P. Benigno and F. Ghironi), Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Volume 31, Issue 7, July 2007, pages 2196-2211.
· Exchange Rate Determination under Interest Rate Rules, (with P. Benigno), Journal of International Money and Finance, Volume 27, Issue 6, October 2008, Pages 971-993. (related Technical Appendix).
· Consumption and Real Exchange Rates with Incomplete Markets and Non-traded Goods, (with C. Thoenissen), Journal of International Money and Finance, Volume 27, Issue 6, October 2008, Pages 926-948.
· Capital Flows and Asset Prices, (with K. Aoki and N. Kiyotaki), NBER International Seminar on Macroeconomics 2007, edited by R. Clarida and F. Giavazzi, University of Chicago Press.
· On the International Dimension of Fiscal Policy, (with B. De Paoli), Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Volume 42, Issue 8, pages 1523-1542, December 2010.
· Risk, Monetary Policy and the Exchange Rate, (with P. Benigno and S. Nistico) NBER Macro Annual 2011.
· Portfolio allocation and International Risk Sharing (with H. Kucuk-Tuger), Canadian Journal of Economics, Volume 45, No 2, May 2012
· Financial Crises and Macro-Prudential Policies, (with H. Chen, C. Otrok, A. Rebucci, E. Young), forthcoming Journal of International Economics, Volume 89, Issue 2, March 2013, Pages 453-470
· Second-Order Approximation of Dynamic Models with Time-Varying Risk, (with P. Benigno and S. Nistico), Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Volume 37, Issue 7, July 2013 Pages 1231-1247.
· The Financial Resource Curse, (with L. Fornaro), forthcoming Scandinavian Journal of Economics, May 2013.
Other Published Papers
Revisiting Overborrowing and its Policy Implications (with H. Chen, C. Otrok, A. Rebucci, E. Young), in Monetary Policy under Financial Turbulence, (eds. Luis Cespedes, Roberto Chang and Diego Saravia),
Comments and Discussion:
· Comment on "Can Endogenous Changes in Price Flexibility Alter the Relative Welfare Performance of Exchange Rate Regimes" by O. Senay and A. Sutherland in Richard H. Clarida, Jeffrey A. Frankel, Francesco Giavazzi and Kenneth D. West, NBER International Seminar on Macroeconomics 2004, MIT press.
· Comment on "Expectations, Monetary Policy, and the Misalignment of Traded Goods Prices " by M. Devereux and C. Engel in Richard H. Clarida, Francesco Giavazzi, NBER International Seminar on Macroeconomics 2007, University of Chicago Press.
· Challenges for the Dollar as a Reserve Currency in Beyond the Dollar: Rethinking the International Monetary System, Chatham House Report, Edited by Paola Subacchi and John Driffill, March 2010]
· Are Macro-Prudential Policies Prudent?, Vox EU column (with H. Chen, C. Otrok, A. Rebucci, E. Young), August 2010.
· Commentary on MacroPrudential Policies, International Journal of Central Banking, March 2013.
· Discussion on External Imbalances in the Eurozone, by R. Chen, G.M. Milesi-Ferretti and T. Tressel, Economic Policy, Volume 28, Issue 73, January 2013.
· Discussion on Trends in European Real Exchange Rates, by M. Berka and M. Devereux, Economic Policy, Volume 28, Issue 74, April 2013.
Work in progress:
Adjusting to Capital
Account Liberalization, (with K. Aoki and
· Capital Controls or Exchange Rate Policies? A Pecuniary Externality Perspective (with H. Chen, C. Otrok, A. Rebucci, E. Young) July 2011
· Monetary and Macro-Prudential Policies: an Integrated Analysis, ((with H. Chen, C. Otrok, A. Rebucci, E. Young) December 2011
· Reserve Accumulation, Growth and Financial Crises , (with L. Fornaro), March 2012
· Optimal Policy for Macro-Financial Stability, ((with H. Chen, C. Otrok, A. Rebucci, E. Young).
EC421 International Economics (Macro option) (Lent Term): Syllabus
EC532 International Economics for Research Students (Macro option) (Lent Term): Syllabus
Macroeconomic Challenges of Global Imbalances (LSE Executive Summer School).