Dr. Valeria Cetorelli
Middle East Centre and Department of International Development
London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
Address: Tower 1 | 10th Floor | Houghton Street | London WC2A 2AE
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7955 6616 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Valeria Cetorelli is a Research Officer at the LSE and a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. She is a demographer with expertise in survey methodology and data analysis. Her research revolves around the political and social determinants of health, with a focus on conflict-affected, forced-migrant, and other vulnerable populations. Valeria has served as a research consultant for UNICEF and UNFPA, and has obtained research grants from the UK Economic and Social Research Council, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Emirates Foundation for Philanthropy and Suntory-Toyota Foundation. She has also been awarded various research prizes, including a Richard Titmuss Prize, a British Society for Population Studies Award and an Emirates Foundation Award. Her research has been published in peer-reviewed journals in the fields of demography and public health, and has received international media coverage.
8. Busetta A, Cetorelli V, Wilson B. A Universal Health Care System? Unmet Need for Medical Care Among Regular and Irregular Immigrants in Italy. Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health 2017.
7. Cetorelli V, Burnham G, Shabila N. Prevalence of Non-Communicable Diseases and Access to Health Care and Medications among Yazidis and Other Minority Groups Displaced by ISIS into the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. Conflict and Health 2017.
6. Leone T, Cetorelli V, Neal S, Matthews Z. Financial Accessibility and User Fee Reforms for Maternal Healthcare in Five Sub-Saharan Countries: A Quasi-Experimental Analysis. BMJ Open 2016, 6:e009692.
5. Busetta A, Cetorelli V, Stranges M. Remittance Behaviours of Foreigners in Italy. International Migration 2015, 54(2):98-118.
4. Cetorelli V. The Effect on Fertility of the 2003-2011 War in Iraq. Population and Development Review 2014, 40(4):581-604.
3. Cetorelli V, Shabila N. Expansion of Health Facilities in Iraq a Decade After the US-led Invasion, 2003-2012. Conflict and Health 2014, 8:16.
2. Cetorelli V. The Impact of the Iraq War on Neonatal Polio Immunisation Coverage: A Quasi-Experimental Study. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health 2013, 69:226-231.
1. Cetorelli V, Leone T. Is Fertility Stalling in Jordan? Demographic Research 2012, 26(13):293-318.