- I am a Research Officer at the Grantham Institute on Climate Change and the Environment, London School of Economics. I am also an External Research Associate at OxCarre, University of Oxford, and a member of the CFM, LSE .
- Research interests
- Environment/Natural Resources and Development
- Climate change
- Growth and the economy
- Projects and initiatives
- Tropical deforestation and economic development, young research talent project from the Research Council of Norway
- Selected work in progress
- Build today, regret tomorrow? Infrastructure and climate policy, (with E. Baldwin and Y. Cai)
- Understanding permanent migration response to natural disasters and climate shocks: the role of social networks, (with C. Gennaioli and S. Lovo)
- Characterising green employment: The impacts of ‘greening’ on workforce composition, (with A. Bowen and E. Tipoe)
- Climate policy and resource-rich economies
- Recent working papers
- The effects of land use regulation on deforestation: evidence from the Brazilian Amazon, (with L. Anderson, S. De Martino, T. Harding and A. Lima), updated April 2016
- The Price vs Quantity debate: climate policy and the role of business cycles, (with Anna Grodecka), updated October 2015
- Environmental policy and the "triple dividend" in developing economies with rural-urban migration, updated August 2015
- Unemployment, rural-urban migration and environmental regulation, updated June 2015
- Refereed Publications
- Windfalls, Structural Transformation and Specialization, (with Radek Stefanski), Journal of International Economics, 2013, 90(2), 273 – 301
- Optimal fiscal policy and different degrees of access to international capital markets, Journal of Development Economics, 2013, 103, 336 – 352.
- Inflation persistence and exchange rate regime: Implications for dynamic adjustment to shocks in a small open economy, Journal of Macroeconomics, 2011, 33(2), 193 – 205.
- Shocks to Terms of Trade and Risk-premium in an Intertemporal Model: The Dutch Disease and a Dutch Party, (with David Vines), Open Economies Review, 2008, 19(3), 277 – 303.
- Energy and the environment in Kazakhstan, Energy Policy, (with Carol Dahl), 2001, 29(6), 429 – 440.
- Book chapters
- Kazakhstan:public saving and private investment, (with Akram Esanov), in Plundered Nations? Successes and Failures in Natural Resource Extraction, 2011, (eds.) Paul Collier and Anthony J. Venables, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Management of resource revenues: Economic principles and Caspian experiences, (with R. van der Ploeg and A.J. Venables), in Natural Resources and Development (forthcoming), ed. G. Mavrotas, Elgar, Aldershot.
- Policy reports
- Looking for green jobs: the impact of green growth on employment, with Alex Bowen, March 2015
Click here for a complete list of downloadable working papers
- Contact me
- Email: K Z Kuralbayeva lse ac uk
Last updated: June 2016