- Major research project
- Mappiness — an experience sampling study using iPhones, with more than 3 million geo-located responses from over 50,000 participants.
- Research interests
- Subjective wellbeing (happiness) and environmental quality
- Climate change, carbon offsetting and innovation
- GIS and spatial econometrics
- Surveying techniques for the web and mobile devices
- MacKerron, G & Mourato, S. In press. Happiness is greater in natural environments. Global Environmental Change (in press) or see accepted PDF.
- MacKerron, G 2012 Happiness and environmental quality. PhD thesis, LSE.
- MacKerron, G. 2011 Happiness economics from 35,000 feet. Journal of Economic Surveys 26(4), 705 – 735 , or see accepted PDF.
- MacKerron, G. 2011 Implementation, implementation, implementation: old and new options for putting surveys and experiments online. Journal of Choice Modelling 2, 20 – 48 (open access).
- MacKerron, G. & Mourato, S. 2009 Life satisfaction and air quality in London. Ecological Economics 68, 1441 – 1453, or see accepted PDF.
- MacKerron, G., Egerton, C., Gaskell, C., Parpia, A., & Mourato, S. 2009 Willingness to pay for carbon offset certification and co-benefits among (high-)flying young adults in the UK. Energy Policy 37, 1371 – 1381, or see accepted PDF.
- Email g j mackerron lse ac uk.
Last updated: June 2013