- Edgar is an Associate Professor (Reader) in Information Systems in the Department of Management at the London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Edgar has a BSc (Econ) and PhD in Information Systems, both from the LSE. He is the co-editor of Information Technology and People, Senior Editor for the AIS Transactions of Replication Research and an Associate Editor for the Journal of the AIS. He has served as research co-chair for the European Conference on Information Systems, track co-chair for the International Conference on Information Systems and was previously an associate editor for the European Journal of Information Systems and MIS Quarterly.
- Edgar's research covers privacy, identity policy, information assurance, cloud computing and public management.
- Edgar is co-chair of the UK Cabinet Office Privacy and Consumer Advisory Group, a member of the Information Assurance Advisory Council (IAAC) Academic Liaison Panel and a member of the ESRC Administrative Data Research Network: Information Assurance Expert Group.
- Edgar has successfully supervised nine PhD students, including three with colleagues in other departments at LSE. He has examined PhDs at LSE, Brunel, UCL, Kings College, Trinity College Dublin, IESE Spain, Nottingham Trent University, Southampton and the University of Pretoria, South Africa.
- Departmental Director of Teaching and Learning
- Chair, Department Teaching Committtee
- Member, Research Ethics Committee
- Member, Graduate Studies Sub Committee