2. An Inclusive Growth Dividend: Reframing the Role of Income Transfers in India’s Anti-Poverty Strategy, Forthcoming, India Policy Forum, 2018/19, Volume 15 (ed.s) Shekhar Shah, Barry Bosworth, and Karthik Muralidharan. New Delhi: Sage Publications.
3. Growth and the Subsidy-Raj in India: Re-examining the Bardhan Hypothesis, (with Ritwika Sen), Chapter 4 in Elizabeth Chatterjee and Matthew McCartney (ed.s) Class and Conflict – Revisiting Pranab Bardhan’s Political Economy of Development in India, New Delhi: Oxford University Press, 2020.
6. Economic determinants of the Maoist Conflict in India (with Oliver Vanden Eynde). Economic and Political Weekly of India, Vol. 52, Issue No. 39, September 30, 2017.
7. Cash versus Kind: Understanding the Preferences of the Bicycle-Programme Beneficiaries in Bihar, (with Chinmaya Kumar and Sandip Mitra). Economic and Political Weekly of India, Vol. 51, Issue No. 11, 12 Mar, 2016, p. 51-60.
8. Two States: A Comparative Analysis of Gujarat and Bihar’s Growth Performance Between 1981-2011 (with Sanchari Roy), India Review, Special Issue on India’s Economy: Growth, Governance, and Reform, ed. N. Singh, Volume 14, Issue 1, Pages 26-42, 2015.
9. Did Gujarat Switch to a Higher Growth Trajectory Relative To India under Modi? A Rejoinder (with Sanchari Roy), Economic and Political Weekly of India, May 3, 2014. Click here for the comment to which this piece responds to.
10. Growth in the time of UPA: Myths and Reality (with Parikshit Ghosh & Ashok Kotwal), Economic and Political Weekly of India, April 19, 2014. Reprinted in Economic Growth and its Distribution in India (ed.s) Pulapre Balakrishnan, Hyderabad: Orient Blackswan, 2015.
12. Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, Which is the Most Dynamic State of All (with Sanchari Roy), Ideas for India, March 23, 2014.
Land Acquisition and Compensation in Singur: What Really Happened? (with Sandip Mitra, Dilip Mookherjee and Anusha Nath), Economic and Political Weekly of India,
14. The Land Acquisition Bill: A Critique and a Proposal (with Parikshit Ghosh), Economic and Political Weekly of India, October 8, 2011, Vol. XLVI, No 41. (Click here and here for shorter versions, and here for press coverage]
15. Implementing Health Insurance: The Rollout of Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana in Karnataka, (with Durgam, R., Berg, E., Manjula,R., and Roy, S.), Economic and Political Weekly of India, May 2011.
16. Beyond Nandigram: Industrialization in West Bengal (with A.V. Banerjee et al), Economic and Political Weekly of India, April 28, 2007.
18. Recent Reforms in the Panchayat System in West Bengal: Toward Greater Participatory Governance? (with Maitreya Ghatak). Economic and Political Weekly of India, Vol 37, No 1, January 5, 2002. Reprinted in Decentralisation: Institutions and Politics in Rural India (ed.s) Satyajit Singh and Pradeep K. Sharma, Oxford University Press, Delhi. [See press coverage]
All files are in PDF format unless otherwise mentioned. Please send comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: March 2020.
©2020 Maitreesh Ghatak, all rights reserved