All files are in PDF format unless otherwise mentioned. Please send comments
do People Stay Poor? (with C. Balboni,
O. Bandiera, R. Burgess, and J.A. Heil), Latest version: March 2020.
- The Gains from Financial Inclusion: Theory and
a Quantitative Assessment, (with T. Besley and K. Burchardi). Working
Paper. Latest version: March 2019.
Frequency and Lending Contracts with Present-Biased Borrowers, (with
Greg Fischer). Working Paper. Last Revised: September 2016.
Incentives and Organizations
- The Evolution of Motivation, (with
T. Besley). Working Paper. First Draft: September 2017.
Incentives and the Evolution of Intrinsic Motivation, (with T.
Besley). Working Paper. First version: February 2016.
Political Economy and Public Policy
- Inequality and Identity Salience,
(with Thierry Verdier) Draft prepared for conference on Public Goods,
Commodification and Rising Inequality, Stanford University, November
2-3 2017. First version: October 2017. (Slides)
- Should all voluntary exchanges be
legal? First version: September 2, 2014.
- Solving Agency Problems: Intrinsic Motivation,
Incentives, and Productivity (with Tim Besley). Background paper for the
World Development Report 2015. Last Revised: January 2014.
- Land Acquisition and Compensation in Singur: Results of
a Survey, (with Sandip Mitra, Dilip Mookherjee, and Anusha Nath),
Working Paper, March 2012 [See also press
coverage, and op-ed].
- Microfinance, Market Structure, and Borrower
Welfare in Microfinance: Regulatory Lessons from the Indian Crisis
(with Jon de Quidt and Thiemo Fetzer), Working Paper, March 2012.
- Taxation and Regulation of Bonus Pay, (with Tim
Besley), July 2011. (A
less technical version
was published in Vox and a shorter version is forthcoming in the AEA Papers
and Proceedings, May 2013
- Credit Rationing, Wealth Inequality and Allocation of
Talent, October 2002, (with Massimo Morelli and Tomas Sjostrom).
STICERD Theoretical Economics Discussion Paper TE/2002/441.
- Gun Control and the Self Defense Argument, Version:
- Reputation, Information Externalities, and
Discrimination, Version: September 1999.
Back to the homepage
Last modified: August 2019
©2019 Maitreesh Ghatak, all rights reserved.