Economics of Incentives and Organizations
1. Profit with Purpose? A Theory of Social Enterprise (with T. Besley). American Economic Journal - Economic Policy. Volume 9, Number 3, August 2017, Pages 19-58.
2. Thanks for Nothing? Not-for-Profits and Motivated Agents, (with Hannes Mueller), Journal of Public Economics, Volume 95, Issues 1-2, Pages 94-105, February 2011.
3. Competition and Incentives with Motivated Agents (with Tim Besley), American Economic Review, June 2005.
4. Government versus Private Ownership of Public Goods, (with Tim Besley). Quarterly Journal of Economics, Vol. 116, No. 4, p.1343 – 1372, November 2001.
5. Financially Interlinked Business Groups (with Raja Kali) Journal of Economics and Management Strategy. Vol. 10, Issue 4, p. 591-619, Winter 2001.
1. Economic Theories of the Social Sector: From Nonprofits to Social Enterprise, in W.W. Powell and P. Bromley (ed.s) The Nonprofit Sector: A Research Handbook, 3rd edition, Stanford University Press, 2020.
3. Public-Private Partnership for the Provision of Public Goods: Theory and an Application to NGOs (with Tim Besley), Research in Economics, Volume 71, Issue 2, June 2017, pp 356–371 (Earlier version available here).
4. Bailouts and the Optimal Taxation of Bonus Pay, (with Tim Besley). American Economic Review, Papers and Proceedings, 103(3), p. 163–167, May 2013.
5. Status Incentives (with Tim Besley), American Economic Review, Papers and Proceedings, May 2008.
6. Sorting with Motivated Agents: Implications for School Competition and Teacher Incentives, (with Tim Besley), Journal of the European Economic Association, Papers and Proceedings, 2006.
7. Incentives, risk and accountability in organizations (with Tim Besley), in Organizational Encounters with Risk (ed.s) Bridget Hutter and Michael Power, Cambridge University Press, 2005.
8. Who should provide public goods? A Perspective from the Theory of Organizations?, in Development, Displacement and Disparity - India in the Last Quarter of the Century, (ed.s) S. Marjit and N. Banerjee, Orient Longman, 2005.
9. Incentives, Choice and Accountability in the Provision of Public Services, (with Tim Besley), Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Vol. 19 (2): Financing and Managing Public Services. 2003.
All files are in PDF format unless otherwise mentioned. Please send comments to: email@example.com
Last modified: March 2020.
©2020 Maitreesh Ghatak, all rights reserved.