- Leone, T and Brown, LJ "Timing and determinants of age at menarche in low-income and middle income countries" Forthcoming in BMJ Global Health
- Leone, T. L Sochas, E Coast "Depends who’s asking: interviewer effects in Demographic and Health Surveys abortion data" Forthcoming in Demography
- RM Kananura, T Leone, T Nareeba, D Kajungu, P Waiswa, A Gjonca Under 10 mortality patterns, risk factors, and mechanisms in low resource settings of Eastern Uganda: An analysis of event history demographic and verbal social autopsy data. Plos one 15 (6), e0234573
- ZA Siam, T Leone. Service utilization patterns for childbirth and neonatal mortality in the occupied Palestinian territory during conflict. European Journal of Public Health
- Leone, Tiziana, Alburez Gutierrez, Diego, Ghandour, Rula, Coast, Ernestina and Giacaman, Rita (2019) "Maternal and child access to care and intensity of conflict in the occupied Palestinian territory: a pseudo longitudinal analysis (2000-2014)." Conflict and Health, 13. ISSN 1752-1505
- Wenham, Clare, Arevalo, Amaral, Coast, Ernestina, Corrêa, Sonia, Cuellar, Katherine, Leone, Tiziana and Valongueiro, Sandra (2019) Zika, abortion and health emergencies: a review of contemporary debates. Globalization and Health, 15 (1). ISSN 1744-8603
- Leone, T. “Women’s mid-life health in Low and Middle Income Countries: a comparative analysis of the timing and speed of health deterioration in six countries”. Social Science and Medicine-Population Health 7 (2019) 100341
- Lattof, S; Coast, E.; Leone, T. and Nyarko, P. (2018) “Contemporary female migration in Ghana: Analyses of the 2000 and 2010 Censuses” Demographic Research
- Lattof, S.; Coast, E.; Leone, T. (2018) "Priorities and challenges accessing health care among female migrants" Health Services Insights
- Bates, Katie and Leone, Tiziana and Ghandour, Rula and Mitwalli, R and Nasr, S and Coast, Ernestina and Giacaman, Rita (2017) Women’s health in the occupied Palestinian territories: contextual influences on subjective and objective health measures. PLoS ONE. ISSN 1932-6203
- Parmar, Divya and Leone, Tiziana and Coast, Ernestina and Murray, Susan Fairley and Hukin, Eleanor and Vwalika, Bellington (2017) Cost of abortions in Zambia: a comparison of safe abortion and post abortion care Global Public Health, 12 (2). 236-249. ISSN 1744-1692
- Hammoudeh, Doaa and Coast, Ernestina and Lewis, David and Rabaia, Yoke and Leone, Tiziana and Giacaman, Rita (2017) Age of despair or age of hope? Palestinian women's perspectives on midlife health Social Science & Medicine, 184. 108-115. ISSN 0277-9536
- Bates, Katie and Gjonça, Arjan and Leone, Tiziana (2017) Double burden or double-counting of child malnutrition? The methodological and theoretical implications of stuntingoverweight in low and middle income countries Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health, 71. 779-785. ISSN 0143-005X
- Leone, T., Coast, E., Parmar, D. & Vwalika, B. (2015) The individual level cost of pregnancy termination in Zambia: a comparison of safe and unsafe abortion Health, Policy and Planning. Forthcoming ISSN 0268-1080
- Leone, Tiziana and Cetorelli, Valeria and Neal, Sarah and Matthews , Zoë (2015) Financial accessibility and user fee reforms for maternal- health care in five sub-Saharan countries: a quasi-experimental analysis. BMJ Open. Forthcoming ISSN 2044-6055
- Iemmi, Valentina and Bantjes, Jason and Coast, Ernestina and Channer, Kerrie and Leone, Tiziana and McDaid, David and Palfreyman, Alexis and Stephens, Bevan and Lund, Crick (2016) Suicide and poverty in low-income and middle-income countries: a systematic review The Lancet Psychiatry, 3 (8). 774-783. ISSN 22150366
- Parmar, D. and Leone, T. and Coast, E. and Murray, S. and Hukin, E. and Vwalika, B. (2015) Cost of abortions in Zambia: a comparison of safe abortion and post abortion care Global Public Health. ISSN 1744-1692
- Leone, Tiziana and Hessel, Philipp (2015) The effect of social participation on the subjective and objective health status of the over-fifties: evidence from SHARE Ageing and Society, online. 1-20. ISSN 0144-686X
Leone, Tiziana (2014) Demand and supply factors affecting the rising overmedicalization of birth in India International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics, 127 (2). 157-162. ISSN 0924-8447
Mor, V., T. Leone, and A. Maresso, eds. (2014) Regulating long-term care quality: an international comparison. Health economics, policy and management. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK. ISBN 781107665354
Leone, T., A. Maresso, and V. Mor. (2014) "Regulating quality of long-term care - what have we learned?" In: Mor, Vincent and Leone, Tiziana and Maresso, Anna, (eds.) Regulating Long-Term Care Quality: an International Comparison. Health economics, policy and management. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, pp. 445-476. ISBN 9781107665354
Padmadas, S.S., F. Amoako Johnson, T. Leone, and G. P. Dahal. (2014) "Do mobile family planning clinics facilitate vasectomy use in Nepal?" Contraception, n/a. ISSN 0010-7824
Leone, T. and E. Coast. (2014) "Demographic change and gender." Companion to Development Studies (Hodder, 3rd Edition) (eds. R. Potter & V. Desai). Routledge. p.387-392
Leone, T. (2013) "Measuring differential maternal mortality using census data in developing countries." Population, Place and Space, ISSN 1544-8444
Vandoros, S., P. Hessel, T. Leone, and M. Avendano. (2013) "Have health trends worsened in Greece as a result of the financial crisis?: a quasi-experimental approach." European Journal of Public Health, ISSN 1101-1262
Leone, T., K. S. James, and S. S. Padmadas. (2013) "The burden of maternal health care expenditure in India: multilevel analysis of national data." Maternal and Child Health Journal, 17 (9). 1622-1630. ISSN 1092-7875
Coast, E., T. Leone, and A. Malviya. (2013) "Gender-based violence and reproductive health in India." India at LSE (23 Jan 2013) Blog entry.
Channon, A. A., M. Andrade, K. Noronha, T. Leone, and T.R. Dilip. (2012) "Inpatient care of the elderly in Brazil and India: assessing social inequalities." Social Science & Medicine, 75(12). pp. 2394-2402. ISSN 0277-9536
Leone, T., E. Coast, S. Narayanan, and A. De-Graft Aikins. (2012) "Diabetes and depression comorbidity and socio-economic status in low and middle income countries (LMICs): a mapping of the evidence." Globalization and Health, 8(39). ISSN 1744-8603
Coast, E., T. Leone, and A. Malviya. (2012) "Gender-based violence and reproductive health in five Indian states" In: Nakray, Keerty, (ed.) Gender-based violence and public health: international perspectives on budgets and policies. Routledge, New York, NY. ISBN 9780415504928
Leone, T., K. S. James, and S. S. Padmadas. (2012) "The burden of maternal health care expenditure in India: multilevel analysis of national data." Maternal and Child Health Journal, online ISSN 1092-7875
Vieira, C., A. Portela, T. Miller, E. Coast, T. Leone, and C. Marston. (2012) "Increasing the use of skilled health personnel where traditional birth attendants were providers of childbirth care: a systematic review." PLoS ONE, 7(10). pp. 1-9. ISSN 1932-6203
Coast, E., T. Leone, A. Hirose, and E. Jones. (2012) "Poverty and postnatal depression: a systematic mapping of the evidence from low and lower middle income countries." Health and Place, 18(5). pp. 1188-1197. ISSN 1353-8292
Coast, E., D. McDaid, T. Leone, E. Pitchforth, Z. Matthews, V. Iemmi, A. Hirose, R. Macrae-Gibson, J. Secker, and E. Jones. (2012) "What are the effects of different models of delivery for improving maternal and infant health outcomes for poor people in urban areas in low income and lower middle income countries?" Department for International Development, London. ISBN 978190734525
Cetorelli, V. and T. Leone. (2012) "Is fertility stalling in Jordan?" Demographic Research, 26 pp. 293-318. ISSN 1435-9871
Kaitelidou, D., P. Mladovsky, T. Leone, E. Kouli, and O. C. Siskou. (2012) "Understanding the oversupply of physicians in Greece: the role of human resources planning, financing policy, and physician power." International Journal of Health Services, 42(4). pp. 719-738. ISSN 0020-7314
Randall, S., E. Coast, and T. Leone. (2011) "Cultural constructions of the concept of household in sample surveys." Population Studies, 65(2). pp. 217-229. ISSN 0032-4728
Leone, T. (2011) "Editorial: estimating maternal mortality from census data." Journal of Population Research, 28(1). pp. 1-3. ISSN 1443-2447
Leone, T. (2010) "How can demography inform health policy?" Health Economics, Policy and Law, 5(01). pp. 5-11. ISSN 1744-1331
Mladovsky, P. and T. Leone. (2010) "Specialist human resources for health in Europe: are we ready?" Euro Observer, 12(2). pp. 1-5. ISSN 1020-7481
Leone, T. (2009) "'Contraception: a history' book review." Culture, Health & Sexuality, 11(2). pp. 217-219.
Leone, T., S. Padmadas, and Z. Matthews. (2008) "Socio-economic and network factors of c-sections in developing countries: an analysis of 6 countries." Social Science and Medicine, 67(8). pp. 1236-1246.
Leone, T. (2008) "Population trends in developing countries." in ed Desai, V and Potter, R. Companion to Development Studies. Second edition 2008, Hodder education, London UK.
Leone, T., and I. Plewis. (2008) "Who Uses Services for School Age Children: Evidence from the National Evaluation of the Children's Fund." Children and Society, 22(6). pp. 440-457.
Leone, T., S. S. Padmadas, and Z. Matthews. (2008) "Community factors affecting rising caesarean section rates in developing countries: An analysis of six countries." Social Science and Medicine, 67(8). pp. 1236-1246. ISSN 0277-9536
Leone, T., and S. S. Padmadas. (2007) "The proliferation of a sterilization culture in women's lives: A comparison of Brazil and India." GENUS, LXIII (No. 3-4), pp.77-97.
Leone, T. and A. Hinde. (2007) "Fertility and union dissolution in Brazil: an example of multiprocess modelling using the DHS calendar." Demographic Research, 17(7). pp.157-180. ISSN 1435-9871
Leone, T. and A. Hinde. (2005) "Sterilization and union dynamics in Brazil." Journal of Biosocial Sciences. 37(4). pp. 459-469. ISSN 0021-9320
Leone, T., Z. Matthews, and G. Dalla Zuanna. (2003) "Impact and determinants of sex preference for children in Nepal." International Family Planning Perspectives. 29(2).
Leone, T. (2003) "Fertility and union dynamics in Brazil." PhD thesis, University of Southampton.
Dalla Zuanna, G., and T. Leone. (2001) "A gender preference measure: the sex ratio at last birth." Genus, LVII (1). pp. 33-57. ISSN 0016-6987